Partner program designed to advance Sample to Insight solutions from research to patients leveraging QIAGEN’s unique Knowledge Base
• Five initial partners sign with QIAGEN Digital Insights (QDI) to grow QIAGENs unique genomic Knowledge Base and accelerate access
• New partnerships to deliver improved AI services and databases in oncology, secondary analysis and combined NGS panels and interpretation for commercial hereditary and oncology panels
Redwood City, California, and Hilden, Germany, February 18, 2021 – QIAGEN today announced the launch of the QIAGEN Digital Insights Partnership program for genomic vendors to leverage QIAGEN’s genomic content and analysis leadership to expand customer access and deliver extended genomic solutions for scientists and clinicians.
The first group of five new partnerships involves DNAnexus, GNS Healthcare, Personal Genome Diagnostics, ThermoFisher Scientific, and the Wellcome Sanger Institute. The new partnership program is still welcoming additional partners.
“With the increasing accessibility and affordability of genetic experimentation and testing, researchers and clinicians are facing a tsunami of genetic information for analysis and interpretation from a wide diversity of chemistry and instruments,” said Jonathan Sheldon, Senior Vice President of QIAGEN Digital Insights. “QDI has assembled the world’s leading high-quality genomics Knowledge Base. Recognizing the rising needs our industry faces we are open to collaborative partnerships to better serve our customers, and we look forward to expanding our partner program well beyond our five new partners.”
With more than 30 years delivering highly curated and quality genomic content and analysis through applications, such as QIAGEN IPA, QIAGEN OmicSoft, QIAGEN CLC, and QCI Interpret, QDI is expanding its partner network to enrich the current portfolio of analysis and interpretation offerings for researchers and clinicians. The new partnership program invites vendors to offer complementary products and content alongside QIAGEN Digital Insight’s existing product offering. Vendors can co-sell, re-sell and bundle QIAGEN Digital Insights software with their own product offering for a more compelling Sample to Insight for customers.
“Next-generation sequencing is no longer governed by the speed of the chemistry and instruments, rather the sheer volume of data we now generate that needs interpretation,” said Andy Felton, Vice President Product Management, Clinical Sequencing Division at Thermo Fisher Scientific. “It’s critical that scientists and clinicians have the right tools to accelerate interpretation and deliver meaningful insights. It’s for this reason we have partnered with QIAGEN Digital Insights to leverage their portfolio of analysis and interpretation software to support our COVID-19, Exome, and Hereditary panels.”
“PGDx elio tissue complete is a first of its kind FDA cleared kit to enable any molecular lab to perform comprehensive tumor profiling, allowing our customers and partners to produce variant interpretation that maximize the value of NGS data in clinical care,” said Megan Bailey, Chief Executive Officer of PGDx. “The addition of QIAGEN clinical decision support software for our collective customers provides labs a new and unique option for a comprehensive solution, built from the ground up for the needs of molecular testing and NGS interpretation.”
“Today, we are only at the tip of the iceberg when it comes to delivering on the promise of precision medicine. Institutions require secure, compliant and easy-to-adopt solutions that can scale to their needs,” said Richard Daly, CEO at DNAnexus. “We are proud to collaborate with QIAGEN and provide a seamless, end-to-end genomics analysis and interpretation solution supporting the growing demand for QIAGEN interpretive software products.”
- DNAnexus have agreed to provide a fully integrated cloud solution for data analysis and clinical interpretation of genomic tests. The new offering lowers IT and infrastructure barriers allowing labs to expand their next-generation sequencing test menus and scale genetic testing.
- GNS Healthcare have agreed to combine the power of Causal AI technology (e.g., REFS and Zeus) with genomic knowledge powered by QIAGEN’s Knowledge Base. Working closely with QIAGEN’s Project Insight services, GNS Healthcare will advance AI-based products and services, including Gemini — The in silico Patient™, to help customers discover new targets and identify prognostic markers utilizing the knowledge base that makes up QIAGEN IPA and QCI Interpret.
- Personal Genome Diagnostics Inc. (PGDx) has agreed to package and resell the QCI Interpret One product for rapid, evidence-based reporting for NGS oncology tests, with the PGDx elio™ oncology products. The capabilities of this combination enable clinicians to rapidly identify alterations in tumors and receive oncologist-ready variant interpretation reports, informing treatment decisions for patients with advanced solid tumors.
- ThermoFisher Scientific and QIAGEN Digital Insights have agreed to co-market the CLC Genomics Workbench and Ion AmpliSeq SARS CoV-2 I panel to offer an integrated solution to rapidly analyze and compare new strains of COVID-19 in the population. In addition, the agreement includes the co-marketing of the QCI Interpret solution for the comprehensive and rapid interpretation of hereditary diseases and whole exomes variants generated from analysis of the AmpliSeq-on-Demand and Ion AmpliSeq Exome sequencing panels.
- Wellcome Sanger Institute has agreed exclusive distribution to commercial users of the COSMIC Database that is used by over 20,000 researchers, bioinformaticians and clinicians across the world who are interpreting cancer variants and understanding how these gene mutations drive cancer. Combined with HGMD, QIAGEN now offers leading databases to support genomic variant interpretation for both cancer and hereditary diseases.